Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Econ Test Tomorrow

I wanted to capture my thoughts before I take the Econ test. In general, I feel ready for this test. I am only a little foggy on the Producer/Consumer surplus concept. I will look into that a little more this evening. I am comfortable with all the other items that will be on the test.

To follow up my last blog entry, I only missed one question, which I knew I missed after the test was over. Not bad for my first Master's exam. I learned a lot from that test. My preparation for the course is adequate, and I need to start focusing more on the projects that are due in 3 and 5 weeks.

The reason I feel comfortable with this test tomorrow is that on Friday, my cohort team (plus another classmate) had a conference call. We talked for two hours about the chapters. This was a quick recap. More importantly we scheduled a review session for Saturday at my work. Luminex allowed me to use a conference room to host the review, one of the many reasons I love my company. The review lasted for 4 and a half hours, but it flew by. I actually hosted the review by breaking each concept into the basics so that it would be easy to remember on the test. I was still a little confused on some concepts, but my teammates helped me when I made mistakes. I think that teaching others is one of my callings. I have been considering tutoring students for the last ten years, but it is starting to become something I really plan to pursue. I have my sights set on eventually teaching in the Concordia MBA program. I think it will be about 10 to 15 years after school, but I felt so rewarded to help others fully get the content.

If this is something that I really am suppose to pursue, I think God will make it very clear in some way. I don't want to replace the teachers before me, instead I want to give back to the program that is helping me.

That's all I have today. I'll post again after the test to let you know if I was as prepared as I needed to be.

Oh yeah, my family joined us today at my church, Gateway. That was so cool. They want to join us again next week, wow.

1 comment: