Monday, February 21, 2011

Results from the First Econ Test

When preparation meets opportunity, is that Luck or Success? I've heard it both ways, so the answer is probably whatever you say in your thesis or whatever book you are trying to sell at the time. Well, I was either lucky or successful on my first Econ test. At this point, I am no longer worried about sounding snobby or bragging on my post. I am focused on my actual experience, and keeping it in a journal to remind myself of the experience. For those reading, I hope you can share in my joy. I actually Aced the exam with a 100. I don't recall ever doing that in my undergraduate studies. I think my best written test grade up to this point was a 95. There always is a question that gets you caught up. However, I prepared for all the material on the test, and understood the concepts well enough to lead our study group. What felt really nice was that Dr. Estrada shook my hand today at the end of class. That felt great, because I thrive on respect. What really felt great was telling my wife the score, because it let her understand that I am out to do my very best for this family, and average is not my intention for this life.

The major challenge I now face is the fact that I have set a very high standard for myself, which can lead to disappointment. However, this is a major milestone for me, because I proved that I can certainly meet this challenge in my life.

I'm looking forward to some small breaks coming up, but I will have three or four assignments due in a span of 4 weeks. That's gonna be a challenge, but my group is finally getting our ducks in a row. If I haven't said it before, I really like my group (+1), we can accomplish a lot. I wish we didn't have to change after next semester, because we are powerful.

7 weeks down, only 83 to go.

3 comments: